Mavic Aksium Disc Rear
Aksium is a great choice for everyday road riding. With a smart balance of high-quality materials and durable construction, it offers aspiring road riders the clear performance benefits of a high-quality wheelset.
This Aksium Disc model includes special features aimed at the unique demands of disc brake road bikes. It uses straight-pull spokes for added stiffness and strength, and we also increased the spoke count to 24 on both front and rear wheels.
With a 17mm internal width, these rims are compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable, and ideal for challenging road conditions. The disc-specific hubs feature super strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
Powerful, reliable disc brakes for added confidence and control
- 24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution
- Disc-brake optimized rim profile
- Disc-friendly spoke geometry and lacing pattern
Smooth, efficient ride quality
- Wider 17mm (inner width) rims allow tires up to 32mm.
- High-quality QRM cartridge bearings
- Straight-pull round spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
|Rim||Aksium Disc, S6000 Aluminum, clincher|
|Brake Compatibility||Center Lock Disc|
|Axle||142 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Hub||QRM+, ID360 freehub|
|Spokes||Steel, straight pull, round|
|Inner Rim Width||17mm|
|Outer Rim Width||21mm|
|Extras||Rim tape, User guide|
* Subject to change without notice.